Leadership: Theory & Practice
▸Short course content:
The Leadership: Theory and Practice course critically examines the concept of leadership in organisations, explores major theoretical developments in how leadership is understood and provides opportunities for managers to reflect on real-life leadership issues.
▸Topics covered by the course:
The course is divided into eight modules. Having explored what we mean by ‘leadership’ in the first module, the course then considers key developments in leadership theories and how they apply to modern organisations. Leadership is enacted differently depending on the context, and the course hones in on some example settings for practice, including creative industries and projects, to explore alternative approaches to leading. The role of leadership in setting and shaping organisational strategy is also explored, and contemporary issues of gender, culture and ethics are discussed. The course ends by considering how leaders and leadership can be developed and provides insights into current trends and future directions.
On completion of this course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an integrated awareness of leadership theory and its link to business practice
- Propose appropriate leadership styles and approaches through evaluation of dynamic leadership situations and contexts
- Develop a critical understanding of how different cultural and structural contexts can impact the agents of leadership
- Understand the role of effective leadership in organisational strategy
- Apply diverse skills and approaches associated with leadership in a variety of organisational, social and cultural situations and contexts
- Critically evaluate complex ideas, concepts and issues relating to leadership
- Develop practical, ethically-informed leadership skills that can be applied in a range of situations
▸Who will benefit from the course:
▸ senior management, CEO, COO
▸ line managers, heads of departments, project leaders, programme managers
• Duration: 2,5 months
• Exam: request for possible date
• Classes: on Saturdays or Sundays, 2 times a month
*Depending on the situation, learning partner campus can also offer tutor classes in Kyiv
The University is among the Top-300 universities in the world according to the QS World University Rankings 2022
Payment is held per couse
Become a student at a British University. Easy application.
Course tutor - Natalia Kryvda
Doctor of Philosophy, professor of the Department of Ukrainian Philosophy and Culture of KNU named after T. Shevchenko. Academic adviser of the House of Knowledge platform and MBA programs in Ukraine and a certified tutor of the Edinburgh Business School. Ms. Kryvda is the author of more than 100 scientific works, monographs and textbooks. A member of the Academic Councils for the defense of dissertations in the specialties "history and theory of culture" and "Ukrainian studies". As a volunteer since 2014, she has been working as the chief expert of the "Culture" group of the Reanimation package of reforms. Since 2018, an expert of the Ukrainian Cultural Fund.
Want to join MBA students? But do not know which course is better to start with for you? Our academic and management team will help you create your own studying path!
- The cost of the Leadership: Theory and Practice course $2980
The cost includes admission to Edinburgh Business School, in-service support, course materials, tutoring remotely, registration for the exam and obtaining an international certificate from Heriot-Watt University after passing the course and exam.
We are ready to tell you more about the program